Monday, May 3, 2010

Made it to Peru!

OK this key board is wacky! but awesome! we have safely arrived in Peru which is awesome i have a native compañero who's name is Elder Tapuy (tah poo ie) he is way awesome and speaks like no English which is not helpful but necessary for me, he also is on his first day here so needless to say we have gotten lost a few times already this morning, also since he is a native speaker, we hardly ever see each other because we go to different classes and i am convinced that no matter where you are you first day in an mtc it is very long and no one knows what to do with you or where to send you!
I got a haircut again today, my last hair cut was on Monday, but that was like the first thing they made us do this morning, so my hair is now really short OK i love you all and here is all of the critical information
mail goes out on Mondays, my p-day is Wednesday

For the next three weeks this is my address i think, give this to everyone, me and Samatha have been corresponding through letters so this would be helpful to let her know, it takes about a week to go one way and i write on Wednesday.
Street address
Apratado Postal Elder Tyler Jesse King Lima Peru South
12-167 Av. Melgarejo 159
Lima 12-Peu Urb. Campo Verde
La Molina, Lima, Perú

I have no idea how to write here really but this is the other address they gave me for my mission
so after that you have to use my last three weeks here you have to use my mission´s address

Misión Perú Lima Sur
Av Jorge Basadre 592, Oficina 604-A
Edificio Torre Azul
San Isidro
Lima 27
PERU
or pouch which i think is by far the easiest
Elder Tyler King
Lima Perú MTC
P.O. Box 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

my return address in pouch is

Elder Tyler Jesse King
CCM Lima Perú
Ave. Melgarejo #159
URB. Campo Blanco
La Molina - Lima 12
Perú

oh and they say ABSOLUTELY NO PACKAGES!! SEND MONEY INSTEAD VIA DEBIT CARD!!!

umm oh yeah they say that it is about the same amount of time either way so it doesn't really matter. 
Ahh immigration papers ugh,  well if you can make any sense of anything above i wish you the best of luck because i can't.  I love you guys and hope to hear from you maybe the Oakes will be able to help a little so.....
anyways the facilities here are waaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the Provo ones and the food is infinitely better, um we are not allowed to take pictures like anywhere on the ccm but i will try and find a place where it is allowed, forgot to bring my camera this time but it looks like this computer will let me send stuff so plan on it next Wednesday! hope you all got my last letters from Utah and i hope to get an email telling me the jist of whats going on. I know these next couple of weeks will be a struggle with español to the max, but i know the lord is with me and i am taking the promise of 1 nephi 3:7 to heart.  Love you guys sooo very very much

oh btw it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy humid but in a good way, i don't even know if its possible, but no doors or windows are ever closed and they always have the ac cranked which is awesome

I see what everyone was talking about though, the giant wall around us is intimidating, but the ccm is very small and extremely beautiful which is amazing!

LOVE THE LORD
LOVE TO SERVE
LOVE MY FAMILY FOREVER
HASTA VER!!!!!!